Contact consumer services:
Please use AMVIC’s online portal to file a complaint.
Have a question? Consumer services can be contacted directly at the below:
Phone: 1.877.979.8100 ext. 2002
- Establishes training and certification standards for repair workforce.
- Investigates complaints about unlicensed mechanics.
- Investigates ratio of journeymen in shops, etc.
- Poor workmanship.
- Private sales.
- Vehicle registration.
- Vehicle Information Report – purchase the recorded history of vehicle.
- Changing the status on a vehicle such as salvage, write-off, rebuilt, non-repairable.
- Out of province vehicle inspections.
- Unsafe vehicles.
- Vehicle inspections.
- Investigate allegations of safety defects in motor vehicles.
- Manufacturing defects.
- New vehicle warranty.
- Problematic new vehicles.
- Insurance dispute resolution service.
- Information on the Select Luxury Items Tax Act
- Reporting insurance crime.
- Equipment warranty insurance policies, e.g., extended warranty.
- The Lawyer Directory is an online search tool that provides contact information for lawyers in Alberta.
Other legal-related resources:
- Calgary Legal Guidance
- Pro Bono Law Alberta
- Student Legal Services of Edmonton
- Student Legal Assistance Calgary
- Edmonton Community Legal Centre
- Legal Aid Alberta
- Centre for Public Legal Education Alberta
- Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA)
- Access to Motor Vehicle Information Regulation (AMVIR)
- Parts stores.
- Commercial trailers.
- Vehicle auctions.
- Credit disclosure issues.