Regulations developed and implemented based on industry input and consumer protection requirements came into effect September 1, 1999. On that date, Alberta Government Services delegated its authority to AMVIC for the following primary purposes:
- Act in any capacity pursuant to the Fair Trading Act (now known as the Consumer Protection Act) or regulations delegating authority to AMVIC.
- Enhance consumer protection and confidence in the motor vehicle industry.
- Promote education and licensing for industry players (businesses and salespeople).
- Establish and collect assessment fees.
AMVIC’s mission is to protect the public interest and promote trust and confidence in the motor vehicle industry through heightened awareness and the fostering of a positive exchange of information among industry stakeholders.
Provide consumer protection in Alberta’s motor vehicle industry through mandatory licensing for motor vehicle businesses and salespeople as required by the Consumer Protection Act (formerly the Fair Trading Act) of Alberta and to provide a fair marketplace for automotive consumers and businesses.
The following principles provide the framework for all policies and procedures developed at AMVIC and help the organization successfully deliver its delegated activities and mandate:
- Protect Alberta consumers from unfair business practices and work towards building trust and confidence in the motor vehicle industry.
- Self-manage an effective mandatory motor vehicle industry licensing program.
- Foster open and clear communication in the motor vehicle industry and support an honest exchange of information between industry, government and consumers.
- Assist the motor vehicle industry to build best business practices upon the framework of the Consumer Protection Act (formerly the Fair Trading Act) through education and enforcement of legislation.
- Provide an alternative to litigation through alternate dispute resolution of consumer complaints.
AMVIC Code of Ethics
The Alberta Motor Vehicle Industry Council (AMVIC) is a non-profit organization representing various automotive sectors and the public. AMVIC licensees agree to conduct business according to a strict code of ethics.
Accordingly, AMVIC Employees and Licensees will abide by the AMVIC Code of Ethics.
||Act honestly, fairly and with the utmost good faith.
||Communicate all material facts, and ensure our products and services are fully and fairly represented.
||Only provide or offer those services that we are competent to perform by virtue of training and experience.
||Promote public confidence through knowledge and skill and treat all people with equality, dignity, and respect.
||Abide by all applicable laws and regulations and never knowingly do business with those operating outside these laws.
||Promote and advertise our products and services in a clear and honest manner without misleading, confusing, or deceiving the customer.
||Fulfill all contractual obligations promptly and completely, and resolve legitimate claims without delay.
||Engage in fair and open competition by positively promoting our products, services and business methods without attacking those of our competitors.
||Treat all personal and financial information we receive in the strictest of confidence and use for intended original purpose only.
||Remain committed to a healthy co-existence with our environment.