A Director’s Order lays out specific requirements for a company or person to fulfill in order to comply with the Consumer Protection Act and its regulations. AMVIC started using Director’s Orders in 2014.
A Director’s Order can be issued when:
- A person is contravening or has contravened the Consumer Protection Act (CPA) or the regulations.
- A regulated person is using any form, agreement, letter or other document that is misleading or contains a term that misrepresents the CPA or the regulations.
- A print, broadcast or electronic publisher is publishing or has published an advertisement that is misleading or contains a term that contravenes the Consumer Protection Act or the regulations.
Under Section 157 of the Consumer Protection Act the Director’s Order can direct a person or publisher to:
- Stop engaging in anything that is described in the order, subject to any terms or conditions set out in the order.
- Take any measures specified in the order, within the time specified in the order, to ensure that the Consumer Protection Act and the regulations are complied with.
A person or publisher who is subject to an order under this section may appeal under Section 179(1) of the Consumer Protection Act within 30 days after being notified in writing of the decision or order or being given the notice of administrative penalty.
The director must maintain a public record of Director’s Orders.
Director’s Orders list
1872428 Alberta Ltd., see “A.P. Transmission (1981) Ltd., 1872428 Alberta Ltd., PROCHINSKY, Roger. – Feb. 2, 2016“
ASHLIE, Evan W., see “Rev’d Performance (ASHLIE, Evan W.) – June 2, 2016“
Autobahn Outlet Ltd., see “DAHELE, Dalwinder Singh (Autobahn Outlet Ltd.) – Nov. 9, 2016“
Autobahn Outlet Ltd., see “ ZAPARYNIUK, Mike John (Autobahn Outlet Ltd.) – Nov. 9, 2016“
BOYCE, Joseph, see “Xtreme Autowerx Inc. (BOYCE, Joseph) – April 18, 2016“
BURNS, William, see “Canadian Credit Restorers (BURNS, William) – June 20, 2016“
Country Roads RV., see “TYTKANYCH, Nicolas (Country Roads RV) – Feb. 8, 2017“
Credit Master, see “L.C Holdings, Credit Masters (EBBERS, James) – July 14, 2016“
DAHELE, Dalwinder Singh, see “Autobahn Automotive Solutions Ltd. (DAHELE, Dalwinder Singh and DAHELE, Harpreetpal Kaur) – Nov. 9, 2016“
DAHELE, Dalwinder Singh, see “Autobahn Outlet Ltd. (DAHELE, Dalwinder Singh) – Nov. 9, 2016“
EBBERS, James, see “L.C Holdings, Credit Masters (EBBERS, James) – July 14, 2016“
EFFS, Richard Anthony, see “Intech Richard Body Pro Ltd.(EFFS, Richard Anthony) – Dec. 19, 2017“
HUOSEH, Abdullah, see “Save on Rides Auto Sales Ltd (HUOSEH, Abdullah) – Oct. 3, 2016“
LANDSPERG, Les, see “Lethbridge Mitsubishi, Lethbridge Kia, Kia of Red Deer (LANDSPERG, Les) – April 4, 2016“
LOEWEN, Franz Penner, see “GL Tires, GL Radiators & Tires (LOEWEN, Franz Penner). – May 4, 2016“
Olympic Motors (AB) II Corporation, see “Land Rover Calgary (Olympic Motors (AB) II Corporation) – April 29, 2016“
Pino Brothers Auto, see “Great West Foods Ltd. (o/a Pino Brothers Auto, PINO, Peter John) – Dec. 19, 2017“
PINO, Peter John, see “Great West Foods Ltd. (o/a Pino Brothers Auto, PINO, Peter John) – Dec. 19, 2017“
PROCHINSKY, Roger, see “A.P. Transmission (1981) Ltd., 18724228 Alberta Ltd., PROCHINSKY, Roger. – Feb. 2, 2016“
ROBERTSON, Bradley John, see “Bordertown Autobody (ROBERTSON, Bradley John) – May 4, 2016“