Note: AMVIC Online was updated on March 16, 2021 to improve ease of use. Please note, instead of using their business number to login, businesses must use their email address on file. If it is the first time a business or salesperson is logging into the new AMVIC Online, they will need to go through the forgotten password process to set up security questions and a new password. Both businesses and salespeople will then be able to login with their email and password.
How to renew a salesperson registration:
- AMVIC emails a renewal notice to salespeople approximately 30 days before their provincial automotive salesperson registration expires. The notice includes a checklist outlining the steps to follow.
- A renewal notice requires immediate action. Any delay or omission could result in a suspension of a salesperson’s registration.
- Renewals can take up to five business days to process.
- Salespeople can apply to renew their registration through the AMVIC Online portal. To access AMVIC Online, click on LOGIN at the top right corner of this page or by clicking the “renew salesperson registration” button below. Then click on the “Registrant Portal” button to login into your online account to pay your renewal fee.
- If your salesperson registration lapses, you will still be charged the full annual renewal fee.
- Any salesperson who ceases to be registered for a period of more than three years must retake the Salesperson Registration Course prior to being issued a new registration. The course fee remains the same: $160.
- It is unlawful for a salesperson to solicit, negotiate or conclude transactions on behalf of an automotive business without an active registration.
- Both the salesperson and the business could be charged with an offence.
- Fees should be paid online by credit card (Mastercard, Visa, Amex or Visa Debit).
- Going on parental leave? Email Licensing@amvic.org to let us know in the event your registration lapses while you are off.