How to renew a salesperson registration:
- AMVIC emails a renewal notice to salespeople approximately 30 days before their provincial automotive salesperson registration expires. The notice includes a checklist outlining the steps to follow.
- A renewal notice requires immediate action. Any delay or omission could result in a suspension of a salesperson’s registration.
- Renewals can take up to five business days to process.
- Salespeople can apply to renew their licence through the AMVIC Online portal. To access AMVIC Online, click “My Account” found at the top of this page.
- If your salesperson registration lapses, you will still be charged the full annual renewal fee.
- Any salesperson who ceases to be registered for a period of more than three years must retake the Salesperson Registration Course prior to being issued a new registration. The course fee remains the same: $160.
- It is unlawful for a salesperson to solicit, negotiate or conclude transactions on behalf of an automotive business without an active registration.
- Both the salesperson and the business could be charged with an offence.
- Fees should be paid online by credit card (Mastercard, Visa, Amex or Visa Debit) or Interac debit (all major banks and Alberta credit unions with the exception of CIBC and ATB) but they may also be paid by debit or credit in AMVIC’s Edmonton office. Cash is not accepted.
- Going on parental leave? Email Licensing@amvic.org to let us know in the event your registration lapses while you are off.