Employing a salesperson
- By law, all salespeople must be “Registered” by AMVIC.
- Salespeople cannot legally solicit, negotiate, or conclude any consumer transaction until they receive their AMVIC registration.
- Apply for a new salesperson registration
Ensure new salespeople use the online portal to enroll in the MANDATORY Salesperson Fair Trading Act Course right away:
- Salespeople must successfully complete their application within 30 days, including successfully passing the course, before their registration will be issued.
- Access the online salesperson course
Authorize a new salesperson to conduct transactions on behalf of the business:
- A salesperson must be authorized to act on behalf of a business and “linked” to a licensed automotive business.
- Provincial Automotive Salesperson Authorization must be done through the online portal by the business. Use AMVIC’s searchable database of businesses and salespeople to check the “STATUS” of a salesperson.
Do not allow an unregistered salesperson to solicit, negotiate or conclude sales:
- An unregistered salesperson can be charged with an offence under the Fair Trading Act.
- The business can be charged for allowing an unregistered salesperson to conduct transactions.
- Any transaction completed by an unregistered salesperson can be cancelled by the consumer.
- AMVIC sends salesperson expiration notices to employers via email when a salesperson has failed to renew on time.
Terminate a salesperson’s authorization when they resign or are dismissed:
- The business is responsible to inform AMVIC when a salesperson should no longer be “linked” to the business.