This year, many automotive businesses shifted their focus to online sales because of the COVID-19 pandemic. During this holiday season, if your licensed sales or leasing automotive business embraces selling over the internet, make sure you comply with legislation.
Check this list twice to make sure you stay on the nice list:
- Familiarize yourself with the Internet Sales Contract Regulation (ISCR) to know the requirements you must meet to be able to sell vehicles online.
- Make sure your website complies with the ISCR and that any disclosure requirements are prominently displayed.
- Check your online advertisements to make sure they comply with the Automotive Business Regulation’s Section 31.1(2)(a) and (b), which list a number of vehicle history disclosure requirements that must be included on your online advertisements if it applies to the vehicle.
- For example: if the vehicle was ever damaged in a flood, you must state that in your online advertisement.
- Visit AMVIC’s advertising toolkit for more resources, including a checklist to use to ensure your online advertisements meet all the legal criteria.
Visit amvic.org for more information on the ISCR and frequently asked questions on internet and remote sales to consumers.
For more helpful resources and tools, visit amvic.org.