AMVIC is Alberta’s automotive regulator, administering the mandatory licensing for motor vehicle businesses and salespeople as required by the Consumer Protection Act of Alberta, and providing a fair marketplace for automotive consumers and businesses.
AMVIC is here to help:
Have a question about your business licence or salesperson registration? Contact the licensing department directly at email@example.com.
Have a question, concern or inquiry about your roles and responsibilities as an AMVIC licensee or registrant? Email the industry standards team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you see a trend in the automotive industry that you think AMVIC should address or have a story idea for AMVIC to cover that will help others in the industry stay fair, honest and transparent? Send your idea or topic to email@example.com for consideration for our next industry bulletin or article in Impact, AMVIC’s industry newsletter.
Sometimes concerns or complaints are outside of AMVIC’s authority so here are some other helpful resources:
- Establishes training and certification standards for repair workforce.
- Investigates complaints about unlicensed mechanics.
- Investigates required number of journeypeople in shops.
- Changing the status on a vehicle such as salvage, write-off, rebuilt, non-repairable.
- Out of province vehicle inspections.
- Unsafe vehicles.
- Vehicle inspections.
- Investigate allegations of safety defects in motor vehicles.
- Reporting insurance crime.
- Equipment warranty insurance policies, e.g., extended warranty.
- Parts stores.
- Commercial trailers.
- Credit disclosure issues.
- Manufacturer advertising or financing complaints.
Visit amvic.org for a full list of other resources.