- By law, all salespeople must be registered by AMVIC.
- Salespeople cannot legally solicit, negotiate, or conclude any consumer transaction until they receive their AMVIC registration.
- Apply for a new salesperson registration
Ensure new salespeople use the online portal to enroll in the MANDATORY Salesperson Registration Course right away:
- Salespeople must successfully complete their application within 30 days, including successfully passing the course, before their registration will be issued.
- Access the online salesperson course
Authorize a new salesperson to conduct transactions on behalf of the business:
Do not allow an unregistered salesperson to solicit, negotiate or conclude sales:
- An unregistered salesperson can be charged with an offence under the Consumer Protection Act.
- The business can be charged for allowing an unregistered salesperson to conduct transactions.
- AMVIC sends salesperson expiration notices to employers via email when a salesperson has failed to renew on time.
Terminate a salesperson’s authorization when they resign or are dismissed:
- The business is responsible to inform AMVIC when a salesperson should no longer be “linked” to the business.