Edmonton— The dealer principal, business manager, general sales manager and a salesperson working out of Spruce Grove-based GRV C Motors LP, operating as Grove Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, have each been charged with the following under the Consumer Protection Act (CPA):
- Section 6(2)(a) relating to undue pressure;
- Section 6(2)(b) relating to taking advantage of a consumer;
- Section 6(3)(a) relating to failure to receive benefit from a purchase; and
- Section 6(3)(b) relating to inability to pay.
An elderly consumer attended the business in November 2018 and is alleging she was pressured into purchasing a vehicle she could not afford. The consumer then returned to the business in an attempt to rectify the situation and alleges she was pressured into purchasing a second vehicle. The Alberta Motor Vehicle Industry Council (AMVIC) received the consumer complaint on Dec. 19, 2018 and opened an investigation which has resulted in 16 charges. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) have also opened an investigation into the matter.
Anyone who has concerns over recent dealings with Grove Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram should contact AMVIC’s consumer services team online, via email or by phone:
- file a concern/complaint online at amvic.org
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- call (780) 466-1140 ext. 2002 or toll free 1-877-979-8100 ext. 2002, Monday- Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Media inquiries may be directed to:
Manager of Communications and Education
Alberta Motor Vehicle Industry Council