A new software system that runs AMVIC Online (the online portal that hosts business, salesperson and consumer complaint accounts) will launch on Tuesday, March 16, 2021. The updated AMVIC Online software (Open Regulate) will provide numerous benefits, including:
- a new look which will make it easier to navigate the portal and help users find where they want to go and what they want to do;
- multiple automatic reminders of upcoming deadlines such as renewals will make it easier to manage accounts and increase efficiencies;
- paying levies and renewals online is more straightforward now;
- more than one password for each automotive business allowing for multiple users at any given time;
- changes to business principals and technicians only taking a fraction of the time; and
- users having the ability to voluntarily close a licence or registration online.
Important: in preparation to launch the new software system, AMVIC Online will not be operational from Thursday, March 11, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. until Tuesday, March 16 at 8 a.m. During this time, all information will be migrated from the old system to the new system and as a result there will be no need to create a new account if you already have one. AMVIC appreciates your patience as we improve our system to better serve our stakeholders.
New password requirements:
After March 16, instead of using your business number to login, businesses will use the email address on file with AMVIC. You will need to set up a new password to access your AMVIC Online account, which can be done through the forgotten password process.
Salespeople will continue to login with your email address, however you will have to change your password through the forgotten password process.
Salesperson course during interruption:
Anyone who has signed up and paid for the Salesperson Registration Course before the planned interruption of the portal on Thursday, March 11, 2021 will still be able to access the course via Articulate (https://amvic.articulate-online.com/Login.aspx) using their AMVIC Online account’s login credentials. Please remember to not change your login credentials on AMVIC Online before March 11 or you will lose access. If you take the final exam while the system is temporarily unavailable, your grade will be manually uploaded to AMVIC’s system on Tuesday, March 16.
If you have questions please email email@example.com or call AMVIC at 1-877-979-8100 ext. 2001. Watch for a special edition of the Impact newsletter on March 16 for more information on the exciting changes and improvements.
Upcoming changes to background checks
March 16 not only means a new look and feel to AMVIC Online, but there will be important changes to AMVIC’s background check process for applicants. Read the important notice on the background checks here.