For repairs:

  • Proof of Municipal Approval.
  • Trade Certificate: A copy of one trade certificate must be submitted with the application. The certificate must be in one of the following trades: Automotive Service Technician, Heavy Equipment Technician, Auto Body Technician or Recreation Vehicle Service Technician.
  • Photo ID: Driver’s Licence, passport, Nexus card, or a government-issued ID card.
  • If you have claimed bankruptcy in the last five years provide bankruptcy documents.
  • If you are not a Canadian Citizen you must provide a front and back copy of proof of eligibility to work in Canada: a valid permanent resident card or a valid work permit.
    1. Answer every question and provide all the information required.
    2. Payment of licensing fees MUST be paid online at time of application using your credit card (Mastercard, Visa, Amex or Visa Debit) or Interac debit (all major banks and Alberta credit unions with the exception of CIBC and ATB). Failure to do so will result in your application being voided and a new application will be required. Alternatively you may visit AMVIC’s Edmonton office to pay using your debit or credit card. NOTE: Cash is not accepted.
    3. Complete the Automotive Business Application Package and return all required forms to AMVIC at or by mail to:
      Alberta Motor Vehicle Industry Council
      ATTN: Licensing
      #303, 9945-50 Street, Edmonton, AB T6A 0L4
    4. Applications take approximately 2 weeks to process.

Important information: All required documents must be uploaded and fees must be paid before application is processed.

Automotive Business Application Package– Repair