Being properly licensed by AMVIC promotes a fair marketplace and builds trust and consumer confidence with the automotive industry in Alberta.
Advantages of being AMVIC-licensed
Advantages of being an AMVIC-licensed business:
- Allows you to legally conduct automotive business in Alberta.
- You study the laws and regulations of the Fair Trading Act in relation to automotive businesses so you can understand what you legally can and cannot say or do.
- Consumers have more trust and confidence when dealing with you.
- Consumers who buy from AMVIC-licensed dealers may be eligible to access AMVIC’s compensation fund.
- AMVIC provides useful tips and information on the regulations in the form of e-bulletins and the IMPACT newsletter.
- It gives the industry, including your business, a better reputation.
- You contribute to a fair marketplace for consumers.
- AMVIC enforces laws that create a level playing field for industry as a whole.
- You have access to AMVIC inspections which include recommendations for best practices.
- AMVIC screens your potential salespeople’s criminal history before deciding if it will grant a registration. This is done at no additional cost
- AMVIC screens your business partner’s criminal history before it decides on granting an AMVIC business licence. This is done at no additional cost.
- You and your customers have access to formal and professional complaint handling and investigations.